Once you’ve adapted/changed your sleeping position to promote optimal spine alignment, you may want to incorporate some of these top tips into your sleep routine to help reduce lower back pain further.6
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine before bed
- Try relaxation methods such as meditation
- Invest in a high-quality mattress: a medium-firm mattress can help with lower back pain
- Reduce sleep disruptions like noise or light
- Use over-the-counter pain relief to help manage your pain
Getting a good night’s sleep is incredibly important for our overall health and well-being, but it can be challenging when you are suffering from lower back pain. By making simple changes to your sleeping position and implementing these top tips into your sleep routine, you can alleviate lower back pain and enjoy a restful night of sleep. So, try out these tips and see how much better you feel in the morning! If your pain is persistent or debilitating, consult your doctor.